Sunday 8 September 2013

Last day of the challenge, first day on this blog!

Apparently it took me a whole challenge to try again at this blog (why, posting in my challenge thread works just fine ;)... But I would like a better organised place to look back on my posts later on!)

So, I survived the first week of actually teaching classes. I didn't have a full workload yet (but will do over the next few weeks) so I could get started at a rather leisurely pace. I taught 7 different groups (90 minutes each) and had several meetings. I had to phone the helpdesk 4 times to get some student accounts sorted out and I had to drag a whole group of students with me to another classroom halfway through our lesson because we couldn't get the same classroom for both 45-minute periods.

I got a headache 2 out of 4 days, which turned into a cold by Thursday (my day off) only to get worse on Friday... And slowly improved during the weekend. I met a lot of new colleagues and students and have started to study group lists and pictures in order to attempt to at least remember some of the names.

I didn't break down even once during my first week, which I'm proud of :) I've also heard I'll definitely have four rather full days for the entire schoolyear! (Which means I'll be busy... but at least we know how much income we'll have which in turn allows us to hopefully get our own place soon). This past week was busy, exciting, tiring, inspiring, disappointing at times, hope-giving at other times. It was simply life, in a good way. I refuse to give an actual judgement on whether I like this job for a long-term thing or not until I've worked there for a few months. So far I think I'll be able to manage, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment